Canadian Heavy Truck Weight and Dimensions Online Training
Fleet Safety International’s North American Cargo Securement Program covers the NSC Standard 10 Cargo Securement, which regulates weights and dimensions of commercial vehicles that traverse provinces and territories.
In February 1988 the Council of Ministers, responsible for transportation and highway safety, endorsed a memorandum of understanding designed to improve uniformity in regulations covering weights and dimensions of commercial vehicles that traverse provinces and territories. There have been eight amendments since 1988, with the last one being implemented in 2014.
This program will present essential, up-to-date information about the weights and dimension regulations set forth in NSC Standard 10 Cargo Securement, and will also cover the ways in which the regulations differ by province.
- General Conditions
- Category 1: Semi Trailer
- Category 1A Tridem Drive Semi Trailer
- Category 2: A Train Double
- Category 3: B Train Double
- Category 4: C Train Double
- Category 5: Straight Truck
- Category 6: Truck – Pony Combination
- Category 7: Truck – Full Trailer Combination
- Category 8: Intercity Bus and Recreational Vehicles
- Additional Conditions
- Liftable Axles
- Aerodynamic Devices