Ground Disturbance Level II® - British Columbia
Global Training Centre and Danatec Educational Services Ltd. joint online training program has been assessed to Ground Disturbance 201 Standard (BC) and is endorsed by BCCGA.
This online program was built on the success and content of the current Global Training Centre Ground Disturbance Level II® classroom program. In our opinion, this online program provides all the content of the Ground Disturbance Level II® plus the benefit of some additional information. We are confident that upon assessment by your company this online program would be deemed equivalent in content. It is designed for any party that is supervising a ground disturbance, independently performing a ground disturbance or issuing and receiving ground disturbance permits.
The program ensures that personnel are familiar with, and fully understand, all best practices and regulations involved when a ground disturbance takes place. This course was built in three logical modules:
- Ground Disturbance Level I®
- Ground Disturbance Level II®
- Ground Disturbance Level II® - British Columbia Jurisdictional Module
Each of these modules consist of sub-modules, presented in a logical sequence – from the pre-planning stage to the close out, all with a focus on damage prevention. Participants learn how to clarify sources when searching for underground facilities, provide notification to the facility owner and receive owner notification. Participants gain an understanding of the necessary approvals/crossing agreements and regulations necessary before creating a ground disturbance. They gain an understanding of line locating, including the use of electro-magnetic equipment, learn about types of exposure, and how to close out a ground disturbance project.
The practical exercise in the Ground Disturbance Level II® immerses the participant in the role of a Ground Disturbance Supervisor, allowing them to make decisions critical decisions in a safe space. Course content includes 3D animated scenarios, expert character guideposts, interactive learning exercises, competency quiz questions, a full glossary and toolbox of regulations, codes, guides, a module designed to provide the requirements specific to British Columbia, and also a defensible final exam.
Upon successful completion students will be issued a training certificate valid for three (3) years.
Exam: A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course a total of 3 attempts if passing mark not achieved.
This course was built in three logical modules:
- Ground Disturbance Level I
- Introduction to Ground Disturbance Level I
- Damage Prevention: Who, How, and Why?
- What is Ground Disturbance?
- My Role as a Ground Disturber
- Understanding the Hazards
- Ground Disturbance Level II
- Introduction to Ground Disturbance Level II
- Damage Prevention Stakeholders
- Why Do Hits Occur?
- Pre-Job Planning
- Searching the Area
- Locating and Marking
- Executing the Ground Disturbance Safely
- Completing the Ground Disturbance
- Exercise – Conducting a Ground Disturbance
- Ground Disturbance Level II - British Columbia Jurisdictional Module
- Ground Disturbance Level II - British Columbia Final Exam